When you are going through IVF, the health of both the eggs and sperm is crucial to its success. Zita West has a range of supplements for female and male fertility to support your body’s nutritional needs through the IVF process.
Top nutritional tips to help boost IVF success:
- Make sure you’re both engaged in improving your diet. If you’re both on board with healthier eating choices, you’re more likely to sustain them.
- Manage your expectations: changing your diet doesn’t mean you’ll be pregnant within a week, a month or even three months. It means you’re doing the very best things you can do to optimise your fertility for IVF success.
- Ideally, a well-structured, well-balanced diet will even-out peaks and troughs in energy levels but, if you do have an energy dip, avoid reaching for unhealthy, refined sugar snacks. Instead drink a glass of water or have a piece of fruit or raw vegetable and include protein in the snack to help stabilise blood sugar, for example, try eating a portion of fruit and nuts.
- Improve your lifestyle: reduce your stress levels, spend time in moderate, gentle exercise, get outside as often as you can, manage your weight and improve your work–life balance. Remember that stress depletes the body of vital nutrients, so your lifestyle choices are key in optimising your nutrition.
- Focus on follicular fluid: it is important to ensure you are eating the right foods to make the fluid that surrounds and nourishes the egg as healthy as it can be. Vitamin D, Inositol and antioxidants are all key.