Zita West supplements contain everything you need to support your body’s nutritional needs postnatally and for breastfeeding.
What you eat will determine the nutritional content of your baby’s milk, so continuing to follow a healthy diet is essential. It is vital that you drink plenty of fluids – at least 1.5 litres per day, plus one or two cups of herbal tea and glasses of diluted fruit juices. Your diet should be based on:
- Fruit and vegetables
- Essential fats
- Vitamin A to aid the development of your baby’s hearing, vision, sense of taste and to boost her or his immune system
- B vitamins to help prevent fluctuations in blood sugar levels and improve your milk flow
- Vitamin C for absorption of iron, making blood vessels, connective tissues, collagen and improving the immune system
- Vitamin D to boost absorption of calcium and building and maintaining healthy bones
- Vitamin E for brain and nerve development
- Vitamin K which is needed by your baby for blood clotting
- Calcium to replenish the calcium that your baby takes from your breast milk
- Iron for you and your baby to manufacture haemoglobin
- Zinc needed for the healing of tissue, production of hormones and to help prevent postnatal depression
- Omega 3/DHA – an essential fatty acid crucial to the development of your baby’s brain
Unsure what you’re looking for?
It can be difficult to know which supplements to take through your fertility journey. Our product recommendation quiz will inform you of the best products to take for your specific stage.