Roasted Aubergine & Mint Dip
- 1 aubergine
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- a pinch of dried chilli flakes
- a pinch of smoked paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 handful of mint leaves, chopped
- sea salt and ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Prick the aubergine skin and place it on a baking tray. Roast for 30–40 minutes until the flesh is soft. Remove from the oven and leave to cool. Peel away the skin and scoop out the flesh into a food processor.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and sauté the onion and garlic for 5 minutes until softened. Add them to the food processor with the remaining ingredients. Pulse to combine, but leave some texture. Season to taste, then serve.
Serves: 4 • Preparation time: 10 minutes • Cooking time: 45 minutes
|Nutritional information per serving:|
|of which sugars||1.6g|
|of which saturates||0.4g|
Pregnancy is a remarkable journey filled with wonder and amazement. Along with the joy and antici...
ArticlePregnancy is a remarkable journey filled with anticipation and joy. As an expectant mother, takin...
ArticleDuring pregnancy, it's important to make sure that you're getting all the necessary nutrients to ...