Chunky Minestrone Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 celery sticks, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 1 small potato, peeled and diced
- 400g/14oz/scant 1⅔ cups tinned chopped tomatoes
- 600ml/21fl oz/scant 2½ cups chicken or vegetable stock
- ½ Savoy cabbage, shredded, or a bunch of Swiss chard, stems removed and leaves chopped
- 410g/14½oz tinned cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley leaves
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan, to serve (optional)
1. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over a low heat and sauté the onion, carrots, celery, garlic, leeks and potato for about 10 minutes. Add the tomatoes and stock and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the cabbage and beans and cook for a further 10 minutes, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
2. Stir in the parsley and serve the soup hot, sprinkled with Parmesan, if you like, and a drizzle of olive oil.
Serves: 4 • Preparation time: 10 minutes • Cooking time: 30 minutes
|Nutritional information per serving:|
|of which sugars||7.7g|
|of which saturates||2.2g|
Check out my Broccoli, Fennel & Pear Soup here!
Pregnancy is a remarkable journey filled with wonder and amazement. Along with the joy and antici...
ArticlePregnancy is a remarkable journey filled with anticipation and joy. As an expectant mother, takin...
ArticleDuring pregnancy, it's important to make sure that you're getting all the necessary nutrients to ...