The supplements that can boost sperm health
I’m a big believer that key nutrients can really help with sperm health and as men are producing sperm 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, there is a lot they can do with their diet to improve their sperm.
The foods I recommend for sperm health
- Protein – Sperm needs plenty of protein and amino acids as building blocks to build healthy sperm, so protein found in meat such as chicken is great.
- Fats & Omega-3 – Sperm also needs fats and omega-3, so rich in oily fish and nuts and seeds are good for this.
- Berries – Blueberries, blackberries and raspberries are very rich in important antioxidants such as vitamin C and vitamin A. Pomegranates also are a rich form of anti-oxidants.
- Beetroot – Beetroot is rich is in Resveratrol, which again is a very good antioxidant for the sperm.
- Orange and yellow foods – Orange and yellow foods such as carrots and peppers contain beta carotene which is great for men. Tomatoes are also rich in lycopene which again is very good for sperm health.
- Green leafy vegetables – Men need folic acid as much as women. It’s very good for cell division of the sperm. Folate is easily assimilated in the body and you can get it from green leafy vegetables such as; broccoli, spinach, cabbage, parsley. Lots of green leafy vegetables will provide a good amount of folate.
The supplements I recommend for sperm health
- Vitamen – We advise taking Vitamen as it contains a broad range multivitamin and mineral that men need and possibly lack through their diet. Vitamen is specially formulated to help support male fertility and to help prepare the body for conception.
- Vitamen Boost – We also have a Vitamen Boost, which is an enhanced product with lots of vitamin C, vitamin E, resveratrol and lycopene. Vitamen Boost is a premium quality, antioxidant “booster” formulation, specially designed for use as a combination product alongside Vitamen or any other good quality mutivitamin and mineral supplement.
- Vital DHA – Another product we recommend that men take alongside the multi-vitamin and mineral is Vital DHA. Vital DHA contains Omega 3 essential fatty acids, plus a small amount of Zinc. It has been designed to help protect both partners’ DNA from oxidative damage during preconception as well as to support normal fertility and healthy sperm production.
- Vitamen Boost 2 – For men with a lot of sperm issues, we use Vitamen Boost 2, which is a unique combination of zinc, selenium, carnitine, arginine and lycopene developed in order to provide key nutrients that support sperm count, motility and morphology
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) is not just a condition that affects menstrual cycles or causes ...
ArticlePolycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) is a complex hormonal disorder that affects many women of reprod...
ArticleIf you're dealing with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) and you're considering getting pregnant, ...